Terms & Conditions
Howth Castle Cookery School is a brand of WHSI Unlimited, registered office at 10 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin D02 T380.
Please read and familiarise yourself with Howth Castle Cookery School Terms & Conditions before booking classes or purchasing gift vouchers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CLASSES
- Classes refer to all evening, morning, day courses including short courses and demonstrations.
- For all classes the full fee must be paid at the time of booking or the School cannot guarantee a place. Should the class of your choice be fully booked, please request to be placed on the waiting list and we will contact you if a cancellation occurs.
- Howth Castle Cookery School cannot issue cash or credit card refunds for customer cancellations.
- We operate a strict cancellation policy. If the cancellation request is received at least 28 days before a class, the fee may be transferred to another course without a charge. If the cancellation is received between 14 – 27 days before the class the fee may be transferred to another class, less a €10 administration fee. If a request is received less than 14 but more than 7 days prior to the class, the fee can be transferred to another class less a €25 administration charge. Cancellation requests must be made by speaking with a member of the Howth Castle Cookery School team by telephone.
- No cancellation requests may be made less than 7 days prior to a Class booking; at this time no credit or refund is possible. However you may send someone in your place.
- A class fee may be deferred to another course without penalty if at least 28 days’ notice is given. If notice is given of between 14 – 27 days before the class, deferrals will be subject to a €10 administration fee. If a deferral request is received less than 14 days prior to the class, the deferral will be subject to a €25 administration fee. When less than 7 days’ notice is given for a deferral request, payments will not be transferred to another course, but you are welcome to send another in your place. Class deferrals must be made over the telephone with a member of the Howth Castle Cookery School staff team.
- Administration fees for both cancellations and deferrals are calculated on a per attendee basis.
- Howth Castle Cookery School can under no circumstances provide refunds or alternative dates for missed classes.
- Withdrawal from any course due to illness, travel problems or any other reason, does not lead to any form of refund. Personal insurance is recommended to cover you not being able to attend or complete a course.
- Sample recipes and sample techniques in course descriptions are for illustrative purpose only.
- Howth Castle Cookery School strives to facilitate participants of all abilities, should you have any special requirements we would be grateful if you could contact us one week prior to the course commencing.
- Howth Castle Cookery School reserves the right to alter the timing, content or cost of any class, to substitute any teacher, or to cancel a course at any time. The right is reserved to make alterations to all course fees and dates given in brochures or on the Internet. Notification will be given as soon as possible in the event of such changes. In circumstances in which a course is cancelled, the fee can be returned to the card used in the original booking, or an alternative course chosen. Howth Castle Cookery School cannot be held liable for any travel or accommodation costs that were incurred due to a programme change.
- All of the courses need a minimum number of attendees in order to be able to run them on a scheduled date. In the unfortunate event of a course being cancelled by us, the Howth Castle Cookery School, you will receive the offer of a space on another course of your choice or a full refund. We will try to give you as much notice as possible but cannot be liable for other costs or expenses that you may incur.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CORPORATE / PRIVATE CLASSES OR EVENTS
- Corporate, Private Classes or Events include any hire within the Howth Castle Cookery School which may or may not include Guided Tours and/or use of the Butler’s Room.
- These Classes or Events require a deposit of approximately 50% of the final charge in order to hold the requested date. The remaining balance is due at the latest the day before the Event.
- In the event that the final balance is not paid within 14 days of the Event a 10% late payment charge will be applied.
- Full details for the event including final numbers attending, dietary requirements, and the menu must be provided 7 days prior to the class. This is minimum number that will be invoiced. Any increase in numbers requested after this time will be considered on a case by case basis, there is no guarantee that it will be possible to accommodate an increase in the number of participants.
- When written notice of cancellation is received 28 days prior to the Event, the deposit will be returned less an administration fee of 10% of the total invoice. If an Event is cancelled less than 28 days prior to the Event date, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Where possible reserved Events may be transferred to another date if at least 28 days’ notice is given before the original Event date. Should there be between 7 – 27 days advance notice when the Event date transfer is received, an administration fee of €200 + Vat is charged. Event date transfers requested less than 7 days prior to the original Event date cannot be accommodated and the deposit is forfeit.
- While every effort will be made by the Howth Castle Cookery School team to facilitate the request for a date transfer, there is no guarantee that a transfer to a new date can be accommodated.
- Card payments can be made by VISA or MASTERCARD, credit or debit cards through our online booking system or by authorisation (verbal or written) through the office. All cheque payments to be made out to WSHI Unlimited.
- Gift vouchers can be used for payment either through the online system at www.howthcastlecookeryschool.ie or by contacting the office, by email email@example.com or on + 353 1 839 6182
HOUSEKEEPING, HEALTH & SAFETY
- Classes start on time so please arrive punctually out of consideration to other participants.
- In the interests of both hygiene and safety, you are advised to wear appropriate clothing, including low-heeled shoes with a non-slip sole.
- If a participant is considered by Howth Castle Cookery School to be unsuitable for any reason, the participant may be required to leave, either immediately or within a specified time. Howth Castle Cookery School reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Customers are allowed to take photographs during the class but we ask that they remain sensitive to the privacy of other class participants.
- Ingredients, utensils, knives, equipment and aprons are provided for all courses.
- Howth Castle Cookery School shall be under no liability whatsoever, for any loss, injury or damage to participants or their property, whether in respect of any neglect, act or omission by the school, its agents or employees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GIFT VOUCHERS
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed online.
- Gift vouchers are for cookery lessons only.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed against a class fee greater than the value on the voucher, the balance must be paid by Credit Card. Any remaining balance can be left on the voucher code and used for another class withn the 12 month period.
- Once a course is booked by redeeming a gift voucher, Howth Castle Cookery School Terms and Conditions for Cookery Lessons (above) apply to that booking.
- Unless otherwise stated Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed against courses and events held at Howth Castle Cookery School where the booking is handled by a third party.
PROMOTIONS AND SPECIAL OFFERS
- From time to time Howth Castle Cookery School may issue special offers or promotions which may only be applied against the courses and classes outlined in the offer. These Special Offers are only valid for the period specified for the promotion.
- Special Offers and Promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- We reserve the right to end Special Offers and Promotions at any time.
- Normal cancellations and booking conditions for classes and events apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ONLINE SHOP
- Thank you for visiting the Howth Castle Cookery School website, if you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions outlined above.
- This website is owned and operated by WSHI Unlimited (the company), under the brand Howth Castle Cookery School. The registered office of WHSI Unlimited is at 10 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin, D02 T380, the company number is IE 628940.
- All graphics, artwork, information, audio and video are copyrighted by the company, use is granted for personal use only, you may not use any elements of the website on your own website or any other public or commercial manner without written consent.
Howth Castle Cookery School,
Tel: +353 1 839 6182